Following a successful Town Hall meeting last week, staff, residents, patients and family members at Holy Family Hospital had another chance this week to come together and voice their opinions on the future of Providence Health Care.
On Tuesday, November 20 an Open Forum event took place at Holy Family where facilitators encouraged participants to share their thoughts on the creation of PHC’s new 7-year strategic plan.
Several key points came up during the session when participants were asked to consider the big themes that will guide our organization’s work over the next 7 years.
- There is a strong culture of collaborative care and mutual respect.
- We all value the team work and the focus on holistic care.
- Staff wellness and work-life balance are important.
- The organization must treat us with respect and compassion in order to be our best as employees.
- New employees receive a good orientation and on-boarding, but would like a formal way to receive feedback from their managers.
- We must maintain and accelerate as a world-class rehab hospital that serves the growing, vulnerable, elder population around the province.
- Consider ways to retain staff with the high cost of living in Vancouver.
- There is some uncertainty around the fate of the site.
- Amazing work is being done here and we have a huge amount to offer our population and Providence.
This recent Open Forum was part of a series of facilitated engagement sessions across PHC where employees, patients, residents, family members, clinicians, researchers and volunteers are invited to weigh in on the creation of a new 7-year strategic plan (2019-2026) for the organization.
Share your ideas on how to we should move forward as an organization at one of these upcoming Town Hall or Open Forum events.
See photos from the Nov. 20 event below.