Providence Health Care (PHC) has identified sustainability as one of its Foundational Principles in its Mission: Forward Strategic Plan 2019 – 2026, working towards proactive financial and environmental stewardship. The Energy & Environmental Sustainability team (EES), in collaboration with PHC’s Project Planning & Facilities Management, Strategy and Clinical departments, are kick-starting a Sustainability Committee to help Providence meet its sustainability goals, and we need you!
The purpose of the PHC Sustainability Committee is:
- To support PHC in being the public health care sector industry environmental sustainability leader in B.C.;
- To raise awareness and understanding of current energy and environmental sustainability projects and initiatives taking place across PHC;
- To work collaboratively to advance energy and environmental sustainability and climate resilience practices across PHC, and strengthen it’s sustainability culture.
- To identify and implement new practices and programs that reduce our environmental footprint, in areas such as waste diversion/reduction, energy and water efficiency and green transportation.
While full details of the frequency and length of committee meetings is still being determined, new members can expect to spend up to 2 hours of manager supported time per month working on the committee and supporting sustainability initiatives!
What’s in it for me?
Participating on the PHC Sustainability Committee provides an opportunity for you to:
- Make a difference at PHC by contributing directly to sustainability initiatives
- Build relationships and network with staff across a range of departments and levels
- Grow your professional development through active participation on the committee and pioneering sustainability work in health-care
If you have an interest and passion for sustainability, don’t delay, respond today! Environmental sustainability is everyone’s story, and we want you to be apart of shaping PHC’s! We welcome interest from staff in any department. Please check with your Manager/Supervisor before expressing your interest.
Ready to get started? Here’s how!
Simply click on the link below which takes you to an expression of interest form we’d like you to complete. It should take you approximately 10 minutes to work through the questions.
The call for committee members will remain open until February 25
th. If you have questions about the process, please contact Sonja Janousek, Environmental Sustainability Manager, EES team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Expression of Interest Form
Learn More About Sustainability in Healthcare
If you’d like to learn more about what is happening related to environmental sustainability and climate resilience in the region’s healthcare facilities, check out the GreenCare website!